TALK is proud to offer play and social communication groups!
These groups are designed to give children with social language impairments the ability to interact and apply play and social communication skills learned in individual sessions with peers in therapist-guided group interactions. Each group is determined based on age, language and social skill levels. Most sessions are held in groups of two to four clients.
TALK’s Play Groups are designed to help younger children with social language impairments with the following skills:
- Early communication (verbal and nonverbal) related to play
- Play that facilitates language development
- Advocating for themselves, asking for help, and problem solving
- Following routines and taking turns
- Participating in symbolic, parallel, and cooperative play
- Playing in novel ways
Social Pragmatic Groups
TALK’s Social Pragmatic Groups are specifically designed to help older children with social language impairments with the following skills:
- Awareness of verbal and nonverbal social cues
- Conversation and turn-taking
- Abstract and inferential thinking
- How to create and foster friendships
- Emotional regulation